Welcoming a new baby in to the world is always a captivating and delightful time, but often us poor mums are forgotten about or quietly pushed to the background whilst everyone’s focus and attention is placed on the new bundle of joy.
As a mum of 2 under 2 myself, i know motherhood can be exceptionally hard work and there are never enough hours in the day so some adult company or assistance is always much appreciated. Christmas is just around the corner and if you’ve got a friend or relative who’s due soon or recently had a baby, i would say the best gift of all you can give them is your time. Keep your visits brief but use them to help as much as you possibly can. Offer to hold the baby so they can have a shower, a siesta or even a toilet break. Bring a few ‘essentials’ from the supermarket. Make your own cup of tea or coffee and don’t expect to be waited on. Forgive them if they seem a little ditzy or even weepy – their minds are probably more mashed than they’ve ever been.
And if you’d like to treat them to a gift that’s a little more heartfelt as well, then here are some lovely Christmas gifts ideas for new mums who deserve a bit of spoiling:
- Hotel Chocolat New Baby Hamper £37.00– Mums new and old deserve a treat so indulge them with this ultimate luxury chocolate hamper from Hotel Chocolat which is the perfect way to celebrate Christmas and a new baby on the block. Inside you will find a new Trainee Chocolatier bib for baby, soothing caramel buttons (140g), milky drinking chocolate(250g), a selection of 8 indulgent filled chocolates and a 20cl bottle of sparkling wine.
- Merci Maman Personalised Leather Wrap Charm Bracelet £59.00 – What better way for new mums to celebrate the birth of a child than with a beautiful and timeless keepsake like this charm bracelet. It’s available in a choice of colours and can be engraved with names, dates or special messages.
- Love Boo Congratulations Mummy Kit £36.99 – Your body is your temple and while it may take some time to return to its pre-pregnancy mode and shape, treat your loved one to a well deserved natural pampering session with this gorgeous gift set. The Congratulations Mummy Kit includes a Splendidly Soothing Bath Soak (250ml), Super Stretch Miracle Oil (100ml) and Soft & Creamy Body Smoother (190ml).
- Tassimo T65 Fidelia Multi Drinks Machine £139.99 – Sleep deprived mums and one that are too tired to get out of the house can now enjoy a premium cup of espresso to give them the energy boost they need within the comfort of their own home with this innovative machine.It’s packed full of features and can provide a great range of coffees, hot chocolates and teas.
- Hello Parenthood Goodbye Memory Notebook £5.99 – This notebook from Internet Gift store is the perfectly organised to keep a record of all dates, memorable events, school events,photographs, favourites and more. When completed it will give mum an amazing picture of her child’s first years that they can both treasure forever.
- Yankee Candle Large Jar Baby Powder £19.99 – This candle produces a soothing, fresh and calming scent that will gently cleanse the spirit and leave mums feeling revived and relaxed.
- Mum To Mum Pass It On Book £10.00 – This delightful and beautifully designed book provides over 160 practical tips, inspirations and little nuggets of wisdom that will inspire and offer comfort to any new mum or mum-to-be and help them to embrace motherhood.
- Pink Lining Blooming Gorgeous Changing Bag £79.00 – Once you have a baby there is suddenly A LOT of extra stuff to carry around on a day-to-day basis: Nappies, wipes, milk, change of clothes, nappy sacks, medicines, dummy, muslin blankets, bibs etc. But there’s no reason why changing bags have to be dull and boring. Treat your loved to one to a luxurious bag from the Pink Lining range which features beautifully designed and practical bags in a range of styles to suit all tastes.
- Mummy & Me Hamper Company ‘Mum And Baby Hamper’ £125.00 – This is the ideal gift for treating mum as well as baby and includes a range of products including a Burt Bees Head To Toe Kit, Pink Lining Mum On The Run Pouch, Comforter and Playsuit.
What Christmas gifts would you suggest for new mums?
*Disclosure: This is a sponsored post*