Well little cub, as much as it pains me to say this, the ‘baby stage’ is well and truly behind us now and you have graduated with honours into toddlerhood. 14 months……WOW……How did we get here so fast? I don’t know who gave you permission to grow up but they are in A LOT of trouble. Half of me wants to shield you from the world and keep you small and innocent forever, yet the other half of me is enjoying watching you explore your surroundings and learning new things. Every new day is a new adventure and you are forever up to mischief, but i love that about you.
Your personality is really shining through now and you are without a doubt the cheekiest, happiest and funniest little human being i have ever come across. You are full of such charm and charisma that anyone who meets you or spends time with you is instantly wrapped around your little finger, especially when you give those beautiful, long lashes a flutter. It’s just hard for people not to feel happy around you because you are constantly full of smiles (although your best smile is saved for mummy and i plan to keep it that way!). For the most part, you have such a kind temperament and the sweetest nature to match, but when something doesn’t go your way……woah……you will scream, wail and throw yourself on the floor in a temper tantrum.
It’s been a HUGE month for you in terms of milestones, you can now stand yourself up from a sitting or crouching position with no help at all and you are WALKING! I was beginning to think you were going to be late in achieving this milestone because you’ve never used your walker and have always refused to walk with someone holding your hands but then out of nowhere you literally let go of the sofa and walked across the room…….just like that! Within a couple of days you’d mastered it completely and were toddling around everywhere. This new found freedom has led to an injection of confidence and you are determined to do everything that your brother can do. You have learnt to climb the stairs, open doors and dance. Boy, do you two love to dance together, it’s so cute. You are also FINALLY waving hello and goodbye. I have been trying for months to get you to do this and you have such a proud look on your face now that you can.
You are trying so hard to talk and are constantly babbling away. Most of it make no sense at all yet but i love hearing you chatting away to yourself and Riley. It’s like the pair of you have your own language that mummy isn’t yet in on. You have been able to say Mama, Dada, Nana and Hiya for a while now but just lately, you really seem to be using those words in the right context.You are really paying attention and studying our mouths when we talk to you now and even try to imitate new word this month is ‘bath’ and you know exactly what it means too. Not that i’m surprised because it’s your favourite time of day.
Health-wise we’ve had no issues at all but those darn toothy pegs have really been causing you some discomfort this month. Your 4 back molars seemed to come through within days of each other and you were not happy about it at all. It’s really disrupted you at night and made you a total grouch during the day, it’s been hard i won’t lie but we seem to be coming out the other side of it. For now at least.
THIS MONTH’S MILESTONES AND DEVELOPMENTS:
- You are pulling yourself up to standing from a sitting or crouching position.
- You are walking unaided and toddling around everywhere.
- You are waving hello and goodbye.
- You love to be outside in the garden and chase Riley around.
- You love living next door to nanny and Andy. You walk up to the gate joining our back gardens, bang and wait for her to let you in. Andy has even had a bell installed at yours and Riley’s level so you can ring to go in.
- You absolutely adore playing with Candy and Poppy (nanny’s dogs).
- You have 9 teeth now.
- You love mummy to sing ‘Round And Round The Garden’ and ‘Row Row Row Your Boat’ to you.
- You are watching and learning from your brother all the time. We call you his shadow because you follow him everywhere.
- You love to listen to Riley reading story books.
- You are almost as tall as Riley and your feet are only 1 size smaller than his – CRAZINESS!
- You had your first visit to a castle.
Harry, you really are the most amazing boy. A little ray of sunshine who brings so much joy, happiness and mischief into our lives.
I wouldn’t have you any other way baby, thank you for being mine.
Love from mummy xxx