Siblings {January}

‘Siblings’ is a family photography project hosted by the rather lovely Lucy at Dear Beautiful , who, with the help of 6 other talented mamas is challenging us to get a photograph of our children together once a month. Well, i LOVE a challenge and am desperate to get to grips with my DSLR in 2015, so this is the perfect excuse for me to practice practice practice and hope to get at least one good photograph a month.

Time is a funny old thing and definitely something i’m guilty of taking for granted. I wish i had joined in with this project when it started last year because I underestimated just how much my boys would change over the 12 months and have missed out on capturing so many wonderful memories. I get to witness their beautiful relationship blossom and grow on a daily basis so i’m excited that with this project i can share it with all of you too.

Siblings

Riley is a natural when it comes to being a big brother. He is caring, loving and affectionate towards his little brother and loves to read him stories. He is a great speaker, a teacher and a born leader.

Harry is a natural when it comes to being a little brother. He is inquisitive, adventurous and has a strong desire to learn. He is the perfect playmate, a good listener and an avid follower.

dear beautiful
Share:

13 Comments

1. Anna @ The Next Big Journey
    15 January, 2015 / 1:41 pm

Ah, lovely picture and it sounds like they get on just brilliantly. I love it when our eldest sits down to ‘teach’ the youngest something!

2. Amber
    15 January, 2015 / 1:46 pm

What a sweet picture and I love how you’ve dressed them! I’m so glad that you’re joining us this year. Best of luck with that DSLR, they are so much fun to use.

3. Donna
    15 January, 2015 / 4:16 pm

Oh they are just the cutest and I am so glad you’re joining in this year! x

4. 15 January, 2015 / 5:19 pm

Gosh — they’re so alike! I had to do a double take to check they weren’t twins!!

You’re so right when you say, we underestimate how our children change over a year. When you’re living life you don’t really notice the growth but when you look over a full set of monthly photos, the changes are absolutely staggering!

You won’t regret taking part in the ‘Siblings’ project — it’s so worth it at the end of the year! X

5. 15 January, 2015 / 8:10 pm

Lovely idea. I have been taking a photo of my two together every week since my youngest was born and putting them on my blog. It’s a lovely record to look back on.x

6. 15 January, 2015 / 8:20 pm

I love the simplicity of this post and the way you’ve summed up the personalities of your two boys so succinctly. They look so similar! x

7. 15 January, 2015 / 8:35 pm

Aw aren’t they just peas in a pod!

8. 16 January, 2015 / 8:10 am

Aww they’re so cute together – I love that Riley’s such a sweet big brother and it sounds like he and Harry are really close. And welcome to Siblings – it’s so much fun seeing how much the children change when you hadn’t really realised it!

9. 19 January, 2015 / 9:03 am

It is a lovely linky to join in with isn’t it – I loved doing it last year and it was great to look back at how my children had changed as individuals and siblings. This is such a cute photo – it’s lovely when big brothers will sit and read to their young siblings!

10. 20 January, 2015 / 9:56 am

They are starting to look so similar. Lovely photo! x

11. 27 January, 2015 / 1:41 pm

Oh those gorgeous boys Vikki…. they are looking more and more like twins all the time. I’m so glad you’re going to join in this year, I don’t think you’ll regret it. Like you say, it’s amazing how much they change over a year and it’s so nice to have that record. x

12. 31 January, 2015 / 10:23 am

I love this picture, I love their outfits, I genuinely thought they were twins. Have fun with the camera, I’m still learning too #siblings