The Siblings Project // February 2017

I am SO LATE with this AGAIN! How are we at the end of February already? Didn’t we literally just celebrate Christmas? I don’t know if this is true for anyone else, but I find running around after more than one small person leaves me with almost no concept of time – the minutes blend into hours, the hours into days and before I know it another week or month has passed. Crazy!

The boys are in a really good place right now. They’re the best of friends and play together so nicely, which is beautiful to see.

School seems to have brought out the best in Riley, he’s matured beyond his years and seems much more patient and capable of handling Harry’s tantrums and mood swings now. In the past he would have been inclined to laugh at or antagonise Harry, but now he tries to calm him down and diffuse the situation. Riley is naturally protective and caring and he seems to be able to get through to Harry in ways that I can’t, which has definitely brought them closer together.

Harry is still as stubborn as a mule and hot-headed in his ways, but is on a course at preschool which is designed to teach him how to better manage and express his feelings so I’m hopeful that it will help. He’s slowly learning that his mood and actions have consequences and can affect others around him.

I see him looking to Riley more and more for guidance, which warms my heart, because that’s the relationship I wished for them when i was pregnant with Harry. To me, siblings are meant to have a special and unbreakable bond and I see that within my boys.

I know every mother says this about her children, but I honestly feel so blessed to call these two mine.

Share:

16 Comments

1. 2 March, 2017 / 6:44 pm

such a lovely post. They seem to get on well. I found school helped my eldest too – really helping him to thrive! It is amazing how much they learn in the first months of being there isn’t it x

• 3 March, 2017 / 10:37 am

Thanks lovely, they do get on really well these days! Totally – Riley seems to absorb information like a sponge and it amazes me the stuff he comes out with sometimes. School has had such a positive effect on him! xx

• 3 March, 2017 / 10:39 am

I hope you’re right! Harry does look to Riley for guidance so it would be great if some of his “calming” qualities rubbed off on him!xx

• 14 March, 2017 / 11:08 am

Someone else said that to me the other day but i really don’t see it at all, lol, they look so different to me! You just savour and enjoy everything about the newborn stage, it passes in the blink of an eye xx

2. 6 March, 2017 / 10:46 am

Ahh such a lovely post about your boys. I adore their jumpers too, they are lovely! xo

• 14 March, 2017 / 11:06 am

Aww thank you lovely! The jumpers are gorgeous aren’t they? I just loved the colours and knew they’d be perfect for the boys! xx

• 14 March, 2017 / 11:05 am

They have grown up so much over the last couple of months, it scares the hell out of me! lol xx

• 14 March, 2017 / 11:04 am

I know, it scares me how quickly they’re both growing up! It really is the most wonderful thing having two little boys who are the best of friends! xx

3. 7 March, 2017 / 7:13 am

Such gorgeous photos & lovely words! Your boys look like the best of friends and Riley sounds like the perfect role model for his brother 🙂 xx
    Georgina recently posted…Welcoming MarchMy Profile

• 14 March, 2017 / 11:03 am

Thanks lovely! It hasn’t always been plain sailing but they really are the best of friends these days xx

• 14 March, 2017 / 11:02 am

I always swore i wouldn’t put my kids in matchy matchy clothes, but you just have to now and then right?! I’m sure they’ll hate me for it when they’re older lol xx