The Siblings Project // April 2017

I cannot believe it’s time for another siblings post – like, seriously, how are we in the month of April already? This year is literally flying by and I feel like I am desperately willing time to slow down so that I can savour every moment with my babies.

They are growing up fast and both are so fiercely independent now that they don’t need their mama quite so much anymore, which makes me a little sad. And yet at the same time, I could not be prouder of the boys they are becoming and the relationship they have as brothers.

The last month has seen quite a change in the relationship between Riley and Harry. I have seen them grow even closer as Harry continues to want to be like Riley and do the things that he does, and Riley has been happy to play with his little brother and has encouraged him to do so too. They’ve been really caring and protective towards one another recently as well, which has been so wonderful to witness.

The first two weeks of April were the Easter holidays for us, so these two spent a lot of time together and surprisingly we had hardly any bickering or arguments between them at all. They have a lot more patience with one another these days and I think they’ve realised that the world is a much better place and life a lot more fun when they get along.

April’s photos were taking during our recent visit to Scotney Castle for a Cadbury Egg Hunt. I was expecting a bit of sibling rivalry and competitiveness from the boys, but actually they stayed by each other’s side the whole time we were there, looking for clues together and completing the egg hunt as a team. It was a really lovely thing to witness and I’m so proud to call these boys mine.

See you all for next month’s update!

Share:

13 Comments

1. 26 April, 2017 / 12:13 pm

Lovely post and photos! We visited Scotney for the egg hunt too! I can’t wait to be able to join in with these Siblings posts 🙂 xx

• 26 April, 2017 / 12:24 pm

Did you? Are you Kent based as well? I didn’t realise that! Oh i bet, it’s such a beautiful relationship to watch blossom and this project is the perfect way to capture it! xx

2. 26 April, 2017 / 2:47 pm

What cute little friends! I love seeing my kids play together and love each other. How lovely for your boys to have such a nice relationship.
    Gemma recently posted…London with kids, my top 5 activitiesMy Profile

• 26 April, 2017 / 8:49 pm

They really are the best of friends, it’s so lovely! xx

• 26 April, 2017 / 8:50 pm

It really is, they’re at such a good age right now and just enjoying each other’s company! xx

3. 26 April, 2017 / 10:05 pm

These photos are beautiful, and that is so nice they stuck together with the Easter hunt. It’s lovely when siblings get along, the little cuties! xx

4. 27 April, 2017 / 4:48 pm

Aww you got some lovely snaps of your boys. I can’t wait to join in with this project xx

5. 27 April, 2017 / 7:09 pm

Gorgeous photos and what gorgeous boys you have! It’s so lovely seeing how sibling relationships develop over time. I can’t wait to see how close Max and Emmie become as she gets older xx
    Romeca recently posted…Boots Haul: Skincare + Haircare My Profile