If your kids are getting excited about pumpkins, witches’ hats, apple bobbing and trick or treating, then this is the list for you as today we’re sharing our selection of the best Halloween books for kids.
It’s no secret that we’re a household of bookworms. I read with the boys every single night and we like to have a regular change out of books on the bookshelves, especially as each season and holiday brings with it so many new and exciting reads.
There are lots of spooktacular Halloween books out there that are perfect for adding to your own library. These charming snuggle-up-and-read-aloud Halloween books for kids have just the right amount of spooky fun. No tricks here – only treats!
- Splat The Cat What Was That? by Rob Scotton
- Room On The Broom by Julia Donaldson
- Boo Who? By Ben Clanton
- There’s A Monster In Your Book by Tom Fletcher
- I Want To Be In A Scary Story by Sean Taylor
- Peppa Pig: Pumpkin Competition by Peppa Pig
- No Such Thing by Ella Bailey
- The Foggy Foggy Forest by Nick Sharratt
- What’s In The Witches Kitchen? By Nick Sharratt
- Little Monster And The Spooky Party by Pippa Goodhart
- 10 Trick Or Treaters by Janet Shulman
- Meg And Mog by Helen Nicoll
- Four Silly Skeletons by Mark Sperrin
- Spooky House by Roger Priddy
- Penguin And Pumpkin by Salina Yoon
- Spider Sandwiches by Claire Freedman
- Dem Bones by Bob Barner
- Ghost In The House by Ammi-Joan Paquette
- Funnybones by Allan Ahlberg
- Ten Little Monsters by Mike Brownlow
- Halloween Good Night by Rebecca Grabill
- Mr Men Halloween Party by Roger Hargreaves
- Alpha Oops: H Is For Halloween by Alethea Kontis
- Aaaarrgghh, Spider! By Lydia Monks
That’s our roundup of the best Halloween books for kids. If there’s any others you think we should check out, leave us the details in the comments section below!